Hurricane Ida FAQ
Who is the adjuster of my claim?
Please input your claim number below to get your adjuster information.
When can I expect to be contacted by the adjuster?
- We are receiving a high volume of claims currently. You are important to us, and we will follow up as quickly as possible. It may take several days before you receive contact from your claims representative.
- Please be sure the phone number associated with your policy is up to date. Visit mySFI at https://portal.southernfidelityins.com to update your policy information.
How long will it take to process my claim?
- Once your inspection is complete and submitted by the field adjuster, our team will need about 7-10 days to process your claim.
I have evacuated and am unsure of the damages done to my residence – can I go ahead and file a claim?
- The fastest and easiest way to file your claim is online. Log into the insured portal at https://portal.southernfidelityins.com. You can also contact our claims team via phone at 1-866-722-4995. Due to expected volume of claims, you may experience a longer than normal hold time while waiting to speak to a representative on the phone.
How will I receive payment? Can I receive payment up front?
- A check will be mailed to the address listed on your policy. If you are unable to return to this address or are staying at alternative housing, please contact your adjuster and provide an alternate address.
What about cost of living during this time such as hotel, food, etc.?
- Please fill out our ALE Request form located here: ALE Form.
- Email the completed form along with your receipts for expenses such as hotel, food, gas, etc. to claimpayALE@southernfidelityins.com. A copy of a voided check will be required to complete setup of Electronic Funds Transfer. Please reference your claim number in the subject line.
- All payments made for a claim and additional living expense are subject to policy terms, limits and conditions.
How can I help expedite my claim?
Take steps now to secure a contractor and obtain estimates. Once you have selected your contractor, submit the following to your claim adjuster and include your claim number in the subject line:
- Contractor estimates
- Photos of the damage to your home
How can I update my policy information on file?
- Go to the insured portal at https://portal.southernfidelityins.com to update your policy information.
- If you have not yet created an account for your policy, you will need to do so. If you have a claim related question, please contact your adjuster. Any other policy information related questions will need to be addressed by our Customer Service team at CSR@southernfidelityins.com or by calling 1-866-874-7342.
What is the amount of my deductible and where can I find this information?
- Your deductible amount can be found on your DEC page within the insured portal. Please note that any costs incurred due to an evacuation are subject to your hurricane deductible.
How do I know if my damages are covered?
- Each loss, no matter how small or large, needs to be fairly and accurately examined. Your assigned adjusters will work together to assess your damages, identify the cause of your loss, and determine if the loss is covered under your policy.
- Please contact your adjuster for any claim related questions.
How do I know if I need emergency services? Who do I call in this situation?
- There are various types of emergency services including, but not limited to, tarping, water mitigation, board-up or tree removal. If any of these types of damages pertain to your residence, please call Preferred Repair Network at 1-877-649-7342 or visit their website https://preferredrepairnetwork.com. Your SFI claim number must be provided at time of call.
- If you have a separate flood policy through the National Flood Services, please call 1-800-759-8656 to report your flood claim and file your Notice of Loss.